Deschamps Ln Project
The Road Department has completed the first part of Phase I of a long awaited project on Deschamps Ln. This fall, we:
- Improved site visibility heading west from Roller Coaster Rd spanning in both north and southward directions onto Deschamps Ln.
- Paved 900' (500' paid for by residents) of Roller Coaster Rd from the Deschamps Ln intersection east to Copter Ln.
- Paved 400' from the railroad tracks heading south on Deschamps Ln.
- Cut into hill on north side of railroad tracks, starting at the tracks and going north 500'.
Paving and major construction is complete for the season! Both Deschamps Ln and Roller Coaster Rd are still under construction, however both are open for traffic until work continues in the spring. Please keep traffic speeds slow in work zones for the safety of our road crew and the public.
Phase I will begin again next year as we continue work north to Moccasin Ln.
Proposed Phase II:
- Straighten s-curve and pave to the LaValle Creek bridge. (Date yet to be determined, based on time, money, regular maintenance priorities, and emergency work issues.)
Proposed Phase III:
- Pave from LaValle Creek bridge to Mullan Rd and realign the intersection at Mullan Rd. (Date yet to be determined, based on time, money, regular maintenance priorities, and emergency work issues.)
We do recognize that temporarily closing this portion of Deschamps Ln and Roller Coaster Rd will cause some people to have to alter their routes to get to their destination. Unfortunately, we not only have to do this to keep workflow moving smoothly and efficiently, we need to ensure the safety of our road crew and the public. The improvements being made have been heavily requested by the public and will ultimately make for a much safer drive.