The Technology Department is under the leadership of the Director of Technology Jason Emery. The Technology Director is supported by a team of supervisors from each division. The divisions include Applications and Development, GIS, Information Systems, Records Management, and Telephone Services. Together the administrative arm of the department works to:
- Provide leadership in strategic planning for technology-related initiatives by working with the Board of County Commissioners, department heads, Communication and Projects staff and other key staff throughout the organization.
- Establish and achieve division goals in support of Board of County Commission initiatives and administration directives.
- Develop and manage the budget for the Technology Department.
- Coordinate with all members of the executive and budget teams to establish technology replacement schedules and disseminate network-related issues/changes/updates.
- Administer procurement for technology-based products such as personal computers, servers, printers, consumable products, software, peripheral devices, desktop phones, mobile computing services and more.
- Manage technology vendors for all technology-based hardware and software solutions. This includes recommending solutions, developing integration plans, project management services, training, oversee maintenance contracts and provide end-user support.
- Provide for the integrity and protection of County assets and citizen information from cyber security threats.