Be #ElectionReady and visit the My Voter Page for the following:
Verify that your information is current with our office
Check your vote by mail status
View sample ballots
Locate your polling place
Track the status of your vote-by-mail ballot
Information on Races & Issues
Voter Registration Application
Have you moved? Last name Changed? New to Missoula County?
Complete and return this form to our office by October 10th to be registered for the November 7 Municipal Election.
Are you registered, but prefer to get your ballots 25 days before the election in the mail? This is the form for you! The absentee application will enroll you on the vote-by-mail list. Absentee voting simply means you'll be absent from your polling place on Election Day. Please note: this form will not change/update your registered address. If your information has changed, the voter registration application is the best form to submit to our office.
Visit the My Voter Page to verify your voting status and registration information, such as current address information.
Voter Registration Statuses
- Active - An active voter is someone who maintains communication with our office and has an active voting history. An example of this could be corresponding with our office or submitting an updated voter registration card. This individual also votes in federal elections held in November on even numbered years and did not have a mail ballot return to our office as undeliverable.
- Inactive - It takes several steps to be moved to the inactive list. If an individual does not cast a ballot in a federal election held on even numbered years and/or had an unresolved undeliverable mail ballot, our office sends two mailings in the following, odd numbered year. If the individual does not respond to the two mailings, they are moved to the inactive list. Reactivating is easy! Simply fill out a voter registration application to update your information. A majority of cases of inactivation are due to a person moving. If you have moved recently, make check the My Voter Page to see if you are current with our office.
- Provisional - Montana law requires either a Montana drivers license number or the last four digits of your social security number. If we are unable to verify this information through the Department of Motor Vehicles or Social Security Administration, you are given a provisional status. Provisional voters still receive a ballot, but we cannot accept the ballot until your verifying information is resolved. If you have a provisional status, call our office at (406) 258-4751 or email email@example.com.
- Unable to locate your information via the My Voter Page? Call our office at (406) 258-4751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, simply fill out a voter registration application and return it to the Elections Office at 200 West Broadway, Missoula, MT 59802.
If during an election you need to appear in-person to request a ballot, please note: ballots are only located at our Elections Center located at the Fairgrounds.
The Elections Center is located at the Missoula County Fairgrounds and maintains seasonal hours as a satellite elections office. The location is very accessible and parking friendly. Take advantage of this central location for all of your voting needs!
Elections Center (Fairgrounds) Hours
Before an election Voter Services will be located at the Missoula County Fairgrounds. Hours will be updated once confirmed.
The Elections Center offers the following services:
- Ballot Replacement
- Resolving Undeliverable Ballots
- Late Registration (if applicable)
- Resolving Rejected Ballots
- Issuing Ballots